Monday, September 8, 2008

wood

My firewood was supposed to be here yesterday, appearing while I was at work. I forgot to leave the check out in the shed, and they didn't get it cut because their chainsaw broke.

It's like being a member of a cargo cult, not that I've ever lived in the most primitive part of Africa and worshipped airplanes that might drop cargo. (must have been really old planes?) ...like a cargo cult because I'm so wound up about it getting here, if I do everything right it will show up. I know when it does appear, I'll stand and gape at it for a while. ...then spend a few days stacking it in the woodshed.

Overthinking the whole subject, must be time to walk the dog!

2 comments:

Dulcey said...

SHOOT! May it come soon, regardless if you have your dishes done or not.

flying fish said...

Better weather today, but I'll be getting off an hour later...oh who cares, it will get here when it does!