Thursday, December 31, 2009

right tool for the right job


A hair dryer couldn't get the air warm enough this morning so I used my handy dandy Darice Heat Tool to melt the ice on the cars block heater cord. Perfect except for the burnt spot on my mitten.

The princess doggie and I went for our morning walk out this morning at our usual place down the insanely icy hill. I left her leash at the entrance road to keep my hands warm (curl up inside mitten) but thanks to Mrs. Bitchy Moose we had to go out the other road. This meant walking on the highway sans leash for about 1/4 mile. The old dog was so proud of herself for walking way over on the side then standing trembling when a big road grader rumbled by! She did her happy dance when I let her go from 'wait'. Love that old dog.

6 comments:

flyingbeader said...

LOL! not about the burnt mitten, but about being clever & versatile. I always forget my ice scrapper in the car, so when I have to do the windshield & let me tell you it is ALWAYS icy at 6 am, I use one of my old cards from the grocery store I don't visit
dot

Bev said...

I so don't miss the cold LOL

flying fish said...

Two ice scrapers here, one in the car and one on the house or in the store. I swear the windows freeze up harder than ever when I"m at work!

I don't know why I love the cold. Maybe it's the knitting thing.

Bev said...

I think I could handle it if it was a sunny day, but if it's a gray, dull day, no thanks. We've had a lot of gray here and it's driving me a little batty.

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

That's one very well-behaved dog! Good on 'er.

As far as tools: always go with whatever works! Dinky di and fair dinkum solution.

I really like aussie slang :)

Cyn ~ The Wingedneedle said...

bad moose! good princess hooper! poor mitten! smart cookie!