Tuesday, December 1, 2009

do you do this?

I totally changed up the design. The reallysoft leather was too soft so I switched to the interfacing and changed the design. I fussed and fidgeted and wasted a bunch of time "designing". That means moving rocks around on a piece of paper, looking for some other pieces of turquoise I knew I had, getting some coffee, walking the dog and then finally gluing something down.
I just love this cab. It's the fraternal twin of the one I started beading on the reallytoosoft leather. I'm trying to enhance the color of the cab but not get too obvious about my color choices. Trying to emulate the colors of my favorite really big cabcentric artists...trying trying trying to make it perfect knowing that's just silly. I like this kind of embroidery, but keep trying to work more fish in to the whole thing. The carved bone fish is a good start.

2 comments:

abeadlady said...

Very yummy! Of course, I change my mind half a dozen times until my design suits me. This should be a beauty. Just bought some turqoise cabs. Now to decide how to use them.

flying fish said...

I've been looking around on line for more cabs or big flat stone beads. Really wishing for a big bead store for rocks!