These are the extra long fingerless mittens I knitted as the prototype and sold to Megan at the former workplace. Lessons learned...hmmm well, I don't like that maroon color and most people don't like the gold color. 1x1 rib is a lot faster than the 2x2 I used here and I need to use smaller needles on the ribbing by the fingers. Oh, and the second mitten is much faster than the first, no thinking about what's next.
This pair went to Cassie at the market...I like the colors better here. The lavender/blue is some that I hand dyed a few years ago. I used a crock pot to provide non agitating heat for the acid dyes to set. Said crock pot has been re-recruited to make food so I need another one for the dye, I just don't think alternating food and acid dyes is a good idea, ya know?3 more pairs of these mittens in the line up...it pays the bills!
3 comments:
Those are lovely, Kelly! Makes me *almost* wish it would snow here so I could order a pair LOL ALMOST
I think that might be least likely almost in the world, lol! They're sort of like partial sweaters, you'd have to have the a/c turned way up for these.
Don't need them much in Central California either, but they sure are toasty looking. Nice work.
Post a Comment