Friday, August 15, 2008

more recent bead art!

Went down to the shop and picked up my leaf that was on display there. I like it so much, I might even frame this one to hang on the wall of the new home. The retail manager kept trying to get me to leave it with her, but there's no way. She seems to convince people it's some sort of honor to let her have their work, like she's their guru or patron or something.




Anyway...the fabric is wool/rayon yardage from Joanne fabric that I dyed with fiber reactive dyes. I'm pretty sure I washed the greeny-blue first, shrinking it all up and making it thick and fuzzy. The yellow-orange wasn't abused quite as much, just dyed and stitched. Is this the same fabric I used on that fish at the beginning of this blog venture?

5 comments:

BlueFrogJ said...

Very nice Kelly! I love the lines of that beaded piece.

jude said...

just beautiful.....

flying fish said...

Thank you so much, this is one of the few pieces I just plain like. It's simple and just 'works'. ...and I got to use some of my favorite felt.

sherriknits said...

Oh my gosh, Kelly! This is so beautiful. Maybe I should try to convince you that it needs to hang in my shop for awhile. lol just kidding. I love it, though!

no baby yet!

Nikki said...

Thanks for kind words on my blog... and it's lovely to discover YOURS!