Re-used window porch done... except he thinks there should be a door.
I built the wall from windows after much thought and over planning. I know deconstruction/construction isn't rocket surgery, but I'm not a builder so it all seems like near disaster to me. Took down the fugly peeling paint rail and scraped the flaking paint into a shop vac so I wouldn't be spreading it all over the neighborhood. Got two 4x4's from the dead fence that was behind the woodshed, bolted them in place of the short legs that were supporting the porch and screwed the windows to that. I got the windows via a terrific small town web of communication...nurse at the clinic doing a remodel, windows being thrown out friend doesn't need them but thinks I might.The guy (in a pair of summer carhartts, Arvay) putting up rafters to hold up the clear plastic roof. He asked the hardware guy about his greenhouse roof and last winters' snow. Hardware guy says his roof is on 2 foot centers and barely sagged... so mine's on about 8 inch centers, surely won't sag!
Valiant mower, too short ladder, awesome builder friend and sunflower in a pot... and sunshine that's lasted 4 days now! I am starting to believe it's summer.
Tool shed cars...
Awesomely tall tulip that was watching the proceedings from a safe distance.





1 comment:
A pair of Carhartts for every season!
Post a Comment