So... there I was feeling guilty for reading instead of working on crafts show products. (uh oh) I decided to do something that's been on the nagging list o' shit to do: fix the dripping faucet in the bathroom (oh dear god don't you remember what happened when you "fixed" the bath tub faucet?).
I was all ready, had the tools, the screw drivers, the wrench and the ipod to listen to the Jon Stewart interview on Fresh Air. I shut the water off, disemboweled the faucets, cleaned the o-rings and put it all back together, no problem (yeah, right). When I went to turn the cold water back on the little handle under the sink came off in my hand and water shot out. Right in my face. I didn't swear! I screamed NOOOOooooo! and put my hand over the leak. Other hand found the little handle and together they tried to screw it back on...3 (or more) times. No dice. I said NO a few more times and tried to figure out what to do. Thank god my cell phone is water proof. I ran into the living room, grabbed the phone and made the humiliating "HELP ME" call. I fucking hate plumbing.
2 comments:
Oh god. Plumbing does not like you. That sounds awful.
It's all fixed now. The help me phone call got lots of help and only a little "this is how you do it, but that part was already broken" type lecture.
Post a Comment