One of our best weekend walks is a trail that goes from the end of the road above us to Allen road over closer to town. About 3/4 of a mile through the woods then back through a neighborhood, along the highway, up the hill then home. It's the only long walk that doesn't involve a lot of time walking along the edge of the highway. Summer road construction means lots of trucks carrying fill and asphalt are zooming up and down the road.
I have spent the past 12 years being as responsible a dog owner as I can, keeping her on her leash if there's a chance she'll get in trouble, picking up poop if it's where other people might walk, and doing my best to keep her out of fights. When Ceilidh was younger, she was a fighter but now she's 12 or 13 years old. Enter asshat "babysitting" a pitbull. As in pathetic plea "it's not my dog, I'm babysitting" when I screeched at him because the dog had just attacked Ceilidh as we walked up the road. I fucking hate that sort of helpless crap, control the dog! This morning it happened again, but I was carring a stick just in case. I hate to hit a dog, but I'll defend mine if he won't control the one he's "babysitting" from inside the house while it runs loose.
5 comments:
Oh no! Are you both okay? I suppose this is big city thinking - but is there a way to file a complaint with someone - animal control? police? Hope your heart rate has gone back down....
Oh wow, that's happening to my mother. Only it's in her own yard. She keeps telling the people nextdoor to hook their dog. She really doesn't want to start anything but it's not fair for her dog.
We're fine, I smacked the stupid dog with the stick and checked Ceilidh for blood. I get so tired of this stuff, I'm tempted to carry pepper spray when we walk! I have a friend who's a dispatcher and she says the police are "pretty lazy" about dog calls. grrr.
It's not fair to your Mom's dog at all! I'm prone to throwing big rocks when dogs come in our yard, lol.
What would the person in charge of the dog do if you pepper sprayed it? I'm inclined to pepper spray. Can you use it on a pissed moose too? lol
The dude that's 'babysitting' the dog probably wouldn't make it out the door in time to know what happened. I've yelled at him twice about the dog attacking mine. It would hurt the dog a lot though, the stuff is oily and doesn't wash off easily. I don't know if I'd want to do that...so far kicking and hitting with a stick have worked. Maybe the real owners will be home soon.
I don't know if I'd use it on a moose, they're crazy and might just stomp more if sprayed.
Post a Comment